- To campaign for the safety and convenience of pedestrians, including all legitimate users of footways such as walkers, runners, wheelchair users, and mobility scooter users
- To ensure pedestrians are placed at the centre of transport planning and systems
- To ensure pavements are well maintained and are free of obstructions such as illegally parked vehicles, wheelie bins, and overhanging vegetation
- To work with Merseyside Police and Wirral Council in improving pedestrian safety
- To promote walking as a sustainable means of transport, and as a means of keeping healthy and saving money
Affiliation with Living Streets
Wirral Pedestrians Association is a Living Streets Affiliated Group. Living Streets is the national charity working to create safe, attractive and enjoyable streets where people want to walk. See the website: www.livingstreets.org.uk. Living Streets produces a regular free email newsletter - sign up at www.livingstreets.org.uk/enews.
Credits for photographs
The blind man trying to pass a car parked on the pavement: Jon Sturdy Photography
The obstructed parents with buggies: Living Streets
The obstructed wheelchair user: Oxford Pedestrians Association
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the free email list to receive newsletters by email. CLICK HERE to complete your details.
- Join the Association by downloading and completing the application form (£2 per year), and receive newsletters either by post or by email. CLICK HERE to download an application form.
- Follow us on Twitter @WirPedestrians.
- Download our publicity leaflet from here
- Read our constitution here